IMPORTANT COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Sno-King Ice Arenas is required to adhere to the current Washington State Governor mandate to operate safely and responsibly. As of June 2, 2021, we are currently operating under Phase 3 guidelines with hockey and figure skating programs defined as a moderate contact indoor sport. Below is the current protocol in all Sno-King facilities.
- Sno-King Employees will follow the requirements from the Department of Labor & Industries.
- All areas inside the arena will be consistently sanitized and cleaned.
- We have installed arena specific COVID signage to assist with social distancing, hand washing, facial coverings in addition to locker room usage.
- Facial coverings are required for all participants, including coaches, trainers, and officials at all times while on the ice.
- Facial coverings and physical distancing is required for all spectators and staff at all times unless they are fully vaccinated.
- In accordance with the Secretary of Health’s Order 20-03.2, fully vaccinated spectators and staff are exempt from the requirement to wear a face covering. A person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt from physical distancing requirements. Spectators who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Athletes, coaches, referees, spectators and any other paid or volunteer staff are required to stay home if they feel unwell, show any signs of COVID-19, or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
Learn to Skate Protocols
· Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your class start time. This is especially important to ensure adequate time for sign-in, putting skates on and to meet your instructor. Do not arrive late.
· Sign-in will be done inside the arena.
· After sign-in, you will be directed into the building and to your pre-designated socially distanced chair.
· If rental skates were requested:
o The use of rental skates is included in your registration
o The size rental skates requested will be waiting for you at your pre-designated chair. If they are the incorrect size, please let the sign-in staff know and they will have the correct size sent to you
o To ensure the health and safety of our staff, parent/guardians ONLY will be allowed to tie a skater’s skates
· At the conclusion of class, skaters will be directed to return to their designated chair. Rental skates are to be left at your chair and NOT brought to the Skate Rental Counter.
*Class sizes will be kept to a maximum of 5 skaters to 1 coach unless an assistant is assigned to the class. Please note under normal conditions class sizes can go up to 12 skaters.
*In an effort to keep SnoKing RENTON staff safe there is a strict no contact policy. All skaters registered for group classes MUST be able to maneuver, stand and skate on their own with no help required from their coach. The only exception is for the Family Introduction class, in which case the parent/guardian MUST be able to maneuver, stand and skate on their own and will be the one to hand hold their beginner skaters when needed.
*To help facilitate social distancing most class start times will be staggered by 15-minutes.